Thursday, September 20, 2007

Show Review - Back To You

[pilot episode aired Sep. 19 on Global TV]

First of all, I will admit to not having high expectations for this show. I'm not big on this type of sitcom and I was never a fan of either Frasier or Everyone Loves Raymond, the two shows which Kelsey Grammar and Patricia Heaton, the two stars of Back To You, each respectively starred in. I expected to be bored, but I watched it anyway. And I was bored, all the jokes were corny and the storyline was predictable. This is one situation comedy that I won't be watching in the future.

The show is about a news anchor named Chuck Darling (Kelsey Grammar) who returns to the news station he worked at in the 90s after he is fired from a national newscast for an incident that appears relentlessly on YouTube. His new co-anchor, Kelly Carr (Patricia Heaton) is also his old co-anchor from his old days at the station, and is anything but thrilled at his return. Yada yada...I couldn't care less. I'm not surprised that I hated it.

So you ask, why did I watch it to begin with? Well...just to give me leverage when I insult it while having conversations about the show with other people. They'll ask me if I've even seen an episode of the show, and I can say "Yeah, sure I did, I gave it a chance and it sucked." This is a boring predictable typical sitcom, the type American networks have been spinning this past decade. Give me a good 80s or early 90s sitcom any day...

No comments: